The business began in 1945 in Port Talbot, where mechanic Bill Sinclair returned from the war to be reunited with his family and started to repair cars on the site of a former sawmill.
Over the years, car sales were added to the operation and Bill's son, Gerald, joined the firm as its reputation for quality, service and value grew.
In the early 1970s, the Audi franchise was secured in Port Talbot and this was quickly followed by the addition of Volkswagen sales too as Sinclair Garages expanded into Swansea, Bridgend and then Neyland in 1985.
Mercedes-Benz was added to the Sinclair portfolio in 1990, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in 1998, smart in 2002, Skoda in 2009 and SEAT in 2012 as the company increased its offering with some of the leading motoring marques.
Throughout the years, the Sinclair Group has invested in its premises and its people to provide customers with state-of- the-art facilities and the very finest expertise for whichever brand that they’re interested in.